Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This and That- and Humidity!

 Made a little of this and that today.  Sense that I'm on the verge of a new chapter of pottery.  Am experimenting with different forms, namely vases.  It'll be interesting to see the style and form of my pots in a couple of months.  The middle vase is inspired by Clary Ilian.  The vase on the left may be too traditional- may not even keep it.
 This simple one I like.  Am thinking lots about proportions.... etc.  Oh, and the humidity here it seem like forever for the clay to dry.  As I write, its out there in the studio drying...
Ended up the evening by etching the words from the prayer attributed to St. Francis onto the outside of this bowl.  Picture is crooked- oh well!
Am looking forward to new things in pottery- yet for now, it's best to make what's familiar.  Hopefully these will dry by this weekend for a bisque firing.

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Even inside my house with the air conditioning, things take more than a couple of weeks to dry; I always figure better safe than sorry, plus I have to fill up the kiln to fire so I make more than I need and those not dry I save for the next time. Bet you are enjoying your home studio, eh?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

mmmm, the wide bowls are esp. yummy looking!

Amy said...

linda, you make pottery inside your house? Thought you worked out of your garage. yes, I'm loving having my home studio. for starters, it makes it so easy to come and go.
Gary- thanks!