
Two soon to be vases!

Made these tumblers yesterday... will trim them a bit--- not too sure whether I like the new form or not. Time will tell! :)

Once again, the kiln was unloaded. I hope I never get tired of this! As I had hoped, all my pieces did well. One bowl was warped, which was expected as it went in a bit warped.

This was a student firign, so there were pots of all kinds in the gas kiln. The two bowls on the right are mine.

That teabowl in the back-- the shino one, is mine. Cone 10 for this firing- about 2350 degrees.

Both of these bowls turned out well--- the purplish color on the one on the left is from some alfred's blue on the blue/green celadon. The St. Francis prayer is written on it.

Those bowls in the back are mine. Plus the teabowls on the bottom.

These teabowls are beautiful! The black is from the copper carbonate I brushed onto the teabowl. Interestingly, the blue/green celadon that I sprayed onto the teabowls turned only white--- no red or purple and the wax resist that I put on some teabowls didn't show either.

Some teabowls have a hint of blue- like one of those at the top.

These small bowls are my favorite. Spotted shino base glaze with some soda ash and copper carbonate sprinkled on the outside. I'll make more like these.

I think the next round of glazing (which I'll do this week) will include some more blue on the spotted shino glaze and some more blue/green celadon too.

Went to the Thrown Together sale yesterday. It was wonderful to see potters there---- here are
Jennifer Mecca's pieces- someday I will get one of hers!
1 comment:
Wow, you got some beautiful pieces out of the firing, and the thrown together show looked fun too.
Post a Comment