Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Waiting Begins

Ah... I like this picture. Was in Asheville recently reading and sitting by a lake and this swan came to visit. Think some food was wanted, yet it turned into a holy moment of sorts. Can't fully explain it. Still, this picture tells me that taking a teabowl wherever one goes is a very good thing. :)
The gas kiln was loaded this pm. Here are some pictures of the front stack.... the three yunomis on the bottom of this pic, from left to right are mine.
All in all, I have 40 some pieces in this firing. Will be fun to see how these turn out! Kiln will be unloaded on Monday or so. Firing is all day Friday.
Those 'pink' bowls on the top shelf are mine. Blue/green celadon glaze as a base.
Those two yunomis on the middle shelf are mine.
My shelf is rather empty, except for five teabowls that need glaze. Will put them in the electric kiln as they're made with recycled clay. Will experiment a bit with cone 5 glazes.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

What a beautiful photograph of the swan, they are so serene and peaceful looking, but with the tea bowl, priceless. I must start taking a tea bowl with me where I go. I have a photograph I took of two swans in SF Golden Gate Park back in the early 70s and it is one of my very favorite photos, I need to find it and post it on my blog. Ok now I need to go back and look at your photo again, so wonderful it is.