
Glazed a bunch of pieces- here are the finished results and a look back to how they got to the finished stage! Here are teabowls glazed with a blue/green celadon glaze and sprayed with accents of alfred's blue or catherine oribe.

Here is a vase for my nephew- base glaze in blue/green celadon with alfred's blue. Also put glaze at the top of the handles.

More teabowls. Some have some granulated rutile, soda ash, or wood ash on the outside.

Granulated rutile is on the middle teabowl in this pic.

3 pitchers- each with some blue or white glass on the handle.... I think these have spotted shino as a glaze base.

I used this newly purchased atomizer :) and this newspaper to help apply it. I'm excited to see the results from the kiln. These get loaded this Wednesday. Firing begins Friday and ends Sunday. Cone 10.

Teabowls BEFORE sprayed glaze is on them. Teabowls are still my default form.

Before I glazed any of the bowls, I used a small brush to apply some wax to parts I didn't want glaze to settle on. Also used this (what is that white thing on the side called?) file of some sort to help make some surfaces smooth. This all always takes longer than I think it will.

The three things I sprinkled on some pieces. The darkest is the granulated rutile-- then to the right, the wood ash from my parents' fireplace (put it through a sieve to make it fine), and then the white is the soda ash. This will be the first time I use granulated rutile on my pieces. I wonder how they'll turn out?

Some pieces on my shelf awaiting glaze. Adrienne, my instructor taught me how to stack these.... the big vase on the right has a bowl over it (she didn't teach me that; it just worked well).

The container where the wax is held- and some teabowls waiting to be glazed.

This bowl on the top has words from Vespers 86, I think... words I know from heart that are sung each week at Holden, where I go and visit at least once a year. I miss that place; hence, the words.
The bowl right under that has a new design.

Am starting on some jar forms.... lidded forms. Here's the beginning of a small jar.

Teabowls before they were trimmed- drying to the leather-hard stage.

More teabowls. A few somewhat new forms.

Here's that holdne bowl, right after I etched the words onto the outside with a sculpting pen-like tool. Time will tell how these all turn out! how I love life in the pottery world.
1 comment:
wow, you have been busy! I have used granulated rutile in my terra sig and it gives it a sparkle like mica, very pretty, I look forward to seeing how it does for you.
Post a Comment