Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Batch of Pottery

Here are some pictures from the latest firing. Glazes are blue/green celadon as a base with alfred's blue glaze poured on the inside of the bowl.
I really like the colors-- the reds/purples/blues of the glaze. Etched words into the outside of the bowl as it was drying and then brushed black slip/mason glaze into the crevices. This bowl in the first two pictures I gave as a gift. Oh, the clay is phoenix clay, fired in the gas kiln.
I've decided to use this glaze for the time being... so this is now a new chapter of pottery. More pictures to follow.
Oh, and no good reason as to why I've been away from blogging.
It IS good to be back.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Oh what beautiful new pots, love the etched words. I was thinking of you tonight, we will be heading up to North Carolina in about two weeks and wondered if we might swing by Clay Works. What days are folks there?