Sunday, September 19, 2010

This and That

Pics of this and that. First, here's some scalloped potatoes that my mom made for dinner recently. Amazing food! I don't know a cook that can outdo her- she's the best in North America. And in her younger years, my abuela in South America was the best there.
Most recent glazed pots. Base-- blue/green celadon with accents in alfred's blue. These are awaiting to be fired in the gas kiln-- cone 10.
Recently, I traveled to PA to visit my parents and siblings. Dug potatoes with Dad one morning. This was a new experience for me. The dirt above shows where the potatoes were growing. Dad did the hard work (digging with the shovel) and I put the potatoes in the baskets.
My mom is one of the best chefs there is. Here are tomatoes with a bit of cheese and herbs on top--- tomatoes straight from the garden.
And finally, the potatoes... these are the red ones. Dad works fast... we dug this basket and the sweet potatoes too, all in an hour or so.
The sweet potatoes were huge and long. Some were too big for one person for a meal. Great time with my parents. They are the best.
Went to Asheville this past weekend. Visited Highwater Clays where I got some new pottery supplies. What fun! They had an open house there and I now have some new ideas for design work on my pottery.
Classes have started again at Clayworks. I'm back at it and hoping for cooler weather! Will try and stay better connected on my blog.

2 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

If you look on my blog page and click the food I like tab there is a great recipe for sweet potato soup with coconut milk. I made it the other night and we could not get enough! Sort of a Thai dish, we will be eating that soup all winter!

Linda Starr said...

Happy Birthday, those tomatoes look so good.