Monday, June 7, 2010

More Bird Houses

Well, I have a new blackberry and am still trying to figure out how to use it. Managed to take these pics and email them to my own email address, but for some reason they're small! Above is a bird house made by Adrienne Dellinger as I went to her home sale this past weekend. Amazing pottery! I've learned so much from her as an instructor. She was the one who first encouraged me to try making bird houses. Didn't get many pics of her and Greg's home. Both are potters; more of their pottery can be found at www.potswithpurpose.com
And their daughter is an artist too! She drew on these tiles and they had them for sale. :) Here is a bigger bird house that I made tonight. When it dries a bit I'll let the air out from the inside. This IS the kind of form that is my favorite for bird houses! Will make two small holes at the top of it so I can put some wire in it to hang it. I will try and write more frequently here... life is quite busy with work, etc... My short term plan is to make more bird houses.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

With the rainfall the East gets I think birds would really appreciate a ceramic birdhouse you made and everybody needs some whimsey in their garden.

Jen Mecca said...

I like your bird houses!