Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birds

Finally! Pics of the finished bird houses and birdfeeder. This one above has the words of the Prayer Attributed to St. Francis on it. I REALLY like how the glazes turned out. Used black mason stain to bring out the words... wish I had written down all those glaze colors down. I think this one has combos of mystery green, and for sure has catherine's oribe, and alfred's blue- oh and all with a few glass stones placed at the top which ended up running a bit too much.
Bird things and a flower pot. I think these glazes are catherine's oribe with alfred's blue at the rim and a piece of glass. The colors are rich! Some flower will be happy soon in its new home here.
The purple on this bird feeder is from a clear glaze stone placed at the rim. I had both pieces fired separately. What a fun bird feeder!
The bird feeder from the other side. Hopefully, the birds will be happy getting food out of this!
I will definitely make more bird feeders in time.
This one has spotted shino for a base glaze. Then I poured alfred's blue and mystery green over it. I'm pleased---
I will make more bird feeders and bird houses--- as these firsts gave me some more ideas!
I must admit that sometimes it's hard to decide just what to make. My home is full of pottery and sometimes it is hard to decide just what to make. All I can say now is that some type of bird houses and bird feeders are in order in the days to come!

4 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

Definitely make more! I have really got to stay focused and quit making everything that comes to mind, but I sure would like to make a few of these. Maybe one day.... they look great! Lots of possibilities there.

Max said...

Very interesting work Amy, nice departure.

Linda Starr said...

All of them are wonderful, I can't decide which I like best, love the overlapping glazes and the glass you are using, nice touch.

Cindy Powers said...

Wonderful birdhouses. Very interesting shapes and glazes.