
Has seemed like forever since I've blogged. Not good. At least I can say that these last couple weeks I've made some different pieces. Above- two flowerpots-- made out of little loafer's clay- and fired in the electric kiln.

My parents came and visited a couple weeks ago. Got these roses for my mom for Mother's Day. Time with them was too short.

One of the two flowerpots with a rescued plant from the clearance section at Lowe's. I only get clearance plants at Lowe's. :)

I've made some different things these last couple of weeks. Here is a glazed flowerpot and a bird house. Put some glass on the top of both. Also the lid of this bird feeder below.

This bird feeder above has a bit of clear glass on it too. Glaze colors include catherine's oribe and mystery green and then some blue on top.

Here's another bird feeder in the kiln--- it's on the left in the back. Looks kinda like a beehive. :)

A bowl in the kiln... I put writing on this one and glaze-wise it has spotted shino and then the inside is splattered with some colors.

Back stack of the kiln plus some of the front.

Here's the same bowl--- after the kiln door was opened. Shino was a bit darker than at other times. This was taken while the pottery was all still cooling.

In the way back is that 'beehive' bird house.

The front stack of the kiln. There was more color in the pieces than in this pic, which is a bit dark.

Back stack of the kiln. In the bottom on the left is the bird feeder. More pics to come.

A closer up of the bird feeder- which is the second piece from the left in the back.

This bird house has some great color. (piece all the way on the left). More pictures to come of the finished pieces. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
that looks like a super firing; I wish I could come up there for several weeks and make some high fire stuff, oh well maybe in the fall once we get the house arranged and the furniture out from California. Amy, you have some wonderful pieces, love the flower pots.
Post a Comment