Monday, May 3, 2010

Finished

Finished these bird houses and bird feeders.
L-R: bird house; bird feeder (minus roof!) bird house, bird feeder. I will make more of these!
These pics are once again, proof that a new camera would be a good thing. Went to the Episcopal Center at Duke University yesterday to deliver a baptismal font bowl that I had made. The wooden font had been donated too.
A closer view of the bowl. The glaze colors turned out a bit different than I had thought. New colors for me. Even so, I was pleased. This was one of those rare times where the two worlds of priest and potter surprisingly and pleasantly collided.
It's good to be home after a long day yesterday. Am missing time in the studio these days. I think a bunch of hours are in order this weekend!

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Your baptismal bowl looks great in it's new home, how special to have your work be used for new babes in the world. I love your bird houses can't wait to see them glazed. today I starte out to make a textured box and it turned out as a rustic birdhouse, not even close to as beautiful as yours.

Tracey Broome said...

Beautiful bowl. Would you mind me asking, is that writing on the birdhouse? and if so, could I ask how you applied it? The reason I am curious is this: I am going to be doing a workshop with teen moms and we are making vases that are coiled and "pregnant" and then they are to write to their unborn baby on them. I have no clue how to do this, as I don't write on my pots. Any suggestions? I think I like the look you have on your piece.