I stopped by John's pottery sale- lots of variety, great colors and forms, even cookies for the customers! This is the yunomi I acquired. Will test it out with some red wine tonight. Hmmm I look tired in the pic; I wasn't-- for after I left and went to the studio and threw six yunomi teacups. Anyway, it was fun to stop by and chat a bit. Please check out his blog, for he has been at this for longer than I and it shows! His pots are undiscovered treasures. He always is helpful giving tips and ideas. Even if you see one you want in this pic above, leave a comment on his blog- it may be for sale!
Here are the six I made- the extras are in the back, drying, and waiting to be trimmed. Tomorrow's a big, LONG day.... it will be wonderful to have the holiday party at Clayworks to end the day. And, the good news is I'm not going to the Mall at all this month or even next month...
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Why Go to the Mall?
Well, today I found a much better place to shop than the Mall. Why would anyone go there if you could go here? This was where to get Christmas gifts today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for coming by yesterday! It was great seeing you.
While I'm flattered by your kind words you're making me blush. I just try to fit into the spirit of Clayworks which as you know is all about sharing what you've learned.
Your pots look great! I wish I had learned as fast as you are when I started.
Hi Amy, what great friends, teachers and mentors you have, no malls for me either.
Post a Comment