Great, colorful pic. More about this later in the post.Well, I picked up my pots at the studio that came out of the kiln last weekend. Here are some....
and all of them; (looking down):
I think a photography class would help too!
How fun this is! Yet in the first picture, one is missing. It sold that fast! Here it is... I'm so happy!
Thanks, Becky! It's amazing how someone else likes what is not your favorite. I do like the glazing on this; I'll do more like it in the days to come.
Glazing: The inside was dipped in spotted shino and then, the rim in Alfred's Blue. The sides have red iron oxide wash and white crackle slip (I think) and then spots of catherine's oribe and alfred's blue. Got the ideas for glazing from John and Greg. :) All of these pots are made from Cone 10 zella stone clay.
And my sister bought two bowls. I like this idea of selling pots. I even found some Christmas tissue paper as you can see in the pic at the top.
I think they have enough bubbles and peanuts around them. Don't they look like fruitcakes? Now all I need is more time to make pots, learn more forms, and create some business cards. Anyway, they're off and on their way!
And, I FINALLY, FINALLY got my etsy shop set-up. Still need to work on it more, but it's a start. I just have too many pots; I have to sell some. For some reason, it's not working out to add the etsy link to the layout of this blog yet. Any insight as to how to do that? It's not working to add it as a gadget. Oh well... in the meantime, check it out! http://www.ahuacani.etsy.com/ I'll post more etsy pots soon. Gosh, this takes alot of time.... That's all for now.
2 comments:
Oh Amy, congratulations on your etsy set up, first sale, and all those beautiful cups. I love how you glazed the featured cup - that cup is spectacular.
Great job! Selling is always exciting. I too, really like the decoration on the cup that Becky bought.
Post a Comment