Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Favorite

This is a closeup of my new favorite, made by John. You can see why... Also, I'm mindful these days that some are separated from their loved ones. This is my colleague, Carl Yost, who has been in Afghanistan for almost four months, serving as a chaplain. He is amazing; I have missed his presence and the joy he brings more than I can say. Thankfully, he returns in mid-January. Here he is in front of his desk in Afghanistan. What a sacrifice he is making to be there, away from family and friends.... and giving hope to all there, in addition to his humanitarian work with the Afghan people. Take care, be safe, Carl and come home soon!
On another note, here's a plant update: my second cactus is blooming! Hopefully, that means there are better things ahead. Here it is.... It's been a great day. I began it with two who probably know me best than any other these days. I love time with good friends. That time in itself was a Christmas gift! I'm so blessed...
Oh, and I'm watching this as I write... it is so funny! Alas, these days, it's hard to think of life before pottery. I think that is the way it should be. :)

2 comments:

jbf said...

I'm glad you like the yunomi. It has found a good home.

Becky said...

Merry Christmas, Amy! Safe travels for the holidays!