So Wednesday night, I went running and then went into the studio to glaze some tumblers. I've decided that it's always better to glaze pots with someone else around, for it can be quite a tedious process. Thankfully, John and eventually Greg glazed pots that night too. Greg, the glaze master really helped by giving new suggestions and ideas. John can be quite a procrastinator but is so easygoing. I don't think the pink eraser in his pocket really helped him to glaze either.
Hard to glaze a pot when it's on your head. What a look... It really wasn't that late, John. :)
These fashionable 'girly' new paintbrushes of his really made a difference though. Brand new from Michael's.
These seven are the fruits of my labor. Some are yunomi style. Put wax resist on some of the tumblers. Late night in all. Tumblers, tumblers, tumblers in my world these days. Can't seem to get enough of them.What a fun night. Time goes by fast whenever I'm in the studio. If only I could make a living doing this. Maybe someday?
2 comments:
I'm with you, Amy. Maybe someday we can make a living at it. In the meantime, some nice glazing on some very nice tumblers.
Count me in too, maybe some day. Can't wait to see your beautiful tumblers out of the kiln. I'm starting to get into glazing but it is definitely tedious work.
Post a Comment