Here's a quick post from the kiln unloading. The color in the pic is not the best; the pots looked GREAT for the most part though. This is what the kiln looked like when the door was opened, minus two tumblers of mine that I had already taken out. Speaking of tumblers, that's one of mine on the bottom shelf, with shino glaze on it, to the right of the dolphin.A close-up of my tumblers in the kiln, just behind Ro's mugs. Hers were glazed in orange carbon trap;some had this great color; others turned out white. Those tumblers in the shino glazes are mine. :) I'm so encouraged by how my pots look.
Greg had several big pieces in the kiln. Great glazing; two here.
Here's another of his with the lid on it that I also took a picture of before it went into the kiln; (see previous post for before pic).
Such good different shades of blues.I had thirteen in all in the kiln. All had shino glazes on zella stone clay. Will take some separate pics soon. Good colors and Adrienne gave me a great idea for how to vary the shino glazes.
Long day of work. Oh, and I'm out of work beginning on January 1, so if you know of anything in the Charlotte area that is full or part-time, please be in touch.In the meantime of such uncertainty, being in the studio is a wonderful thing. It is often the best part of my day. Helping to unload a kiln is always a great joy!
Will post more pics tomorrow. The Holiday Sale is also Friday and Saturday. Yeah! :)
Before I go, meanwhile, my cactus plant is blooming. It does this once a year, I think. All it needs now is to be replanted in a pot that I've made. Maybe that is a good sign of what's ahead.
And, thanks Ger and Reduccion. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment