It's been a long weekend and here was the highlight:
The Holiday Sale at Clayworks on Friday night. First of all, lots of artists displayed their works in booths. Here's pieces by Greg.
The Holiday Sale at Clayworks on Friday night. First of all, lots of artists displayed their works in booths. Here's pieces by Greg.
This was Sunshine's first display. I think she ended up selling the most. Such vivid, warm colors. 
Minke and her sculptures were there too. I have yet to get a picture of her, and her sculptures are amazing!
Since I'm not a studio artist, my work is in the student section. The bowl and tumbler are mine.
Since I'm not a studio artist, my work is in the student section. The bowl and tumbler are mine.
A close-up. I must admit I'm a bit proud. A good beginning.
We all dressed up more than the usual clay attire. Check out Becky's boots!
They're green like Julie's clogs. I see a theme building here... Perhaps I need to get green shoes.Here's some of the pieces in the gallery that were for sale.

Kris' exhibit. If I erred, I took too few pictures. Such attention to detail.
Becky's birds... I couldn't believe that all of them didn't sell. They are gorgeous.
Part of the student exhibition.
The food was delicious. It didn't last long.
Joe and John were busy doing demos... making bowls for the empty bowl project.
All in all, a fun evening. I think it would be a good idea to have more than one sale a year. Back into the studio tomorrow evening. Can hardly wait.And, my cactus plant is blooming more than ever. :)
4 comments:
Thank you Amy, once again, for being all over it with the pictures and descriptions of the event. So many fond memories of such a fun night! And your cup and bowl looked so nice.
(A few more birds flew the nest on Saturday. So I've been putting fingers to clay again. :)
Wow Amy, what a wonderful event, thanks for posting so many photos for us to see. Your display looks so great and the glazes on your work are so beautiful especially that teapot - spectacular.
Love the shoes, I think lime green could definitely be a theme.
I am curious about Kris' pieces - how are they decorated? they look so unusual.
Linda-- thanks for your comments. The teapot's colors look a bit like mine, yet it's not. Haven't been inspired to make teapots yet. I'll also find out about Kris' glazing; I think it's underglaze. Not sure... Good to hear from you.
Good post Amy. It was great to see you the other night. Glad you got to meet Sarah too. Wow, your Christmas cactus is rockin'
Post a Comment