Friday, September 12, 2008

Tomorrow

Glad there's tomorrow. Learned today that throwing clay without an iPod is not easy. I discovered that I had forgotten mine after I arrived at the studio. There's something about the peace that music brings and how I love to check out of the present world at times. So, listening to Jimmy Buffett and Peter Mayer really does make a difference. Today, I worked with three pounds of clay and just couldn't get the hang of it so rather than stay longer; I gave up early although frustrated. I ended up joining many others in the quest for a full gas tank. How I wish I lived closer to Clayworks. The commute is still worth it by far.
I definitely will be at the studio for a good part of the day tomorrow. Next weekend will be busy too; there's the Circle of Eight and the Festival in the Park which evidently will have only one potter, will still be great with all the kinds of art. I'm already thinking it will be hard to limit myself and not buy from each potter at the Circle of Eight, especially cause I know some of the artists.
Even after a somewhat challenging day, at least Hurricane Ike is not coming to Charlotte. And, there's tomorrow.
Fins to the right; fins to the left. :)

No comments: