Sunday, September 14, 2008

BBQ Even For Me

What a wonderful thing it is that the Clayworks studio is in Uptown (basically in downtown Charlotte). Discovered yesterday that there was a big blues, beer, and BBQ festival just two blocks away from the studio, so Minke and I took a break from playing with dirt and went and walked around a bit.

And, even me who usually eats only a little bit of chicken (and no beef at all) couldn't resist. Now, I know why it was the Grand Champion last year.
Yummy BBQ! And, here's a picture that I took a few days ago as I finished several tumblers before they went into the bisque kiln. I like the lighting in the pic; however, I'm realizing that I need to venture out and try new forms. That's why I'm taking a class. This form seems to come easily.
Seeing the shells makes me wish that the shore was closer! Still waiting for my 16+ pieces to get fired in the gas kiln....

No comments: