I've also been reading Ceramics Monthly magazine recently and have become more and more interested in soda ash- I really like the effect it has on the finished piece. Gotta go buy some and experiment with it a bit. This next weekend, my goal is to make something BIGGER-- to rise up to the challenge that several at the studio are agreeing to do. I have much to do and so little time these days as I leave for a week in Costa Rica beginning on Monday. With that said, it'll be great to be here at home for awhile beginning in mid-August. I think I'm becoming a homebody too (except for time at the studio).
2 comments:
Lovely piece, Amy! I need to give that a try! After being gone from Clayworks for nearly two weeks (seems like EVERYBODY is leaving town) I'm only now catching up on my pottery pals' blogs. Costa Rica! How wonderful! (My turn to be envious!)
I haven't begun work on my big piece yet either. Hope to do so this weekend. Have wonderful travels and enjoy the adventures! Bon voyage and we'll see you soon!
That's a great cup form.
Post a Comment