Sunday, May 26, 2013

Away and Back

 While some of these pictures are a bit dark, they show where I went.  My lazy no good reason for not posting.  I just get tired by the end of the day too and well, it's easier to just read and not post.... sorry!
Here I am at Lake Chelan, WA- evidently the third deepest lake in the U.S.  I go to a retreat center there every year and it was so hard to leave.
 Hard to leave because this was my view every morning.  Someone has to do it!  :)  The North Cascade mountains.  Beauty beyond words.
I experimented with porcelain clay (white rose clay from the clay art center in Tacoma, WA; they didn't have clay with more grog in it) and liked it better than when I put my hands in it a couple years ago.  Here's to the difference a couple of years makes.  Ended up making 11 bowls with words inscribed on the outside.  Did sgraffitto in the leather hard stage all with pottery tools that weren't mine.  It makes such a difference to use one's favorite tools.  These will be donated to the bookstore there--- all the proceeds going to the retreat center.  It's what I do when I'm there to give back.
I am busy these days getting ready for a sale with other artist friends here next Sunday and Monday.  I so need the income as I'm inbetween jobs.  Not fun, but it's life and I live with boundless hope.
Here's hoping...
More pictures tomorrow- I promise!  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Peter said...

It is lovely to see photos of such a beautiful place, I can see why you would find it hard to leave the retreat center!
How nice that you can give back to the center by making your lovely bowls.
I do hope that you have good success with selling your work, it must be a tough time for you being between jobs. Do post more pictures! Pxx