Monday, March 4, 2013

What Matters

Surprise! 
 Check out the old toaster!  My dad found this and well,
 Took a quick 48 hour trip to PA to visit family.  It's amazing the gift that it is to be around such loving people; went to take pictures at the end of time with Lily and Garrett, my sweet nephew and niece and Lily surprised me with a kiss.   How I love these two!  As soon as they came over we cooked and ate breakfast-- breakfast #2 for them and then they joined me in running errands.  It was well, a perfect morning!  Here's Lily who is so proud of making her own toast!
 Before I left town I made this big bowl.  It's now in the process of drying...
 Here's another one-- am trying to help it dry evenly by putting plastic around the sides and not the bottom.  Wonder if this will help!
 Bowls ready for writing on the outside...
 On another note, found these rice noodles in a latino grocery story in Charlotte a couple weeks ago.  They're perfect in soup or with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.  A great buy!  At the other grocery stores these were way more expensive--- but not so the case here.  :)
Here's some soup in an old bowl--- with lots of rice noodles in it.  This bowl was one of my first attempts at etching on the outside of bowls.  I used slip in this one and then- well, I forget how I made it Glad I worked something out with the bowls I make now.
Well, and can life get better than this?  These two are some of my favorites in the world.  Looking forward to visiting them again in a month!  Life is too short to not be with family.  :)  That is what matters.

2 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

Good food and beautiful family, the best things in life! and then getting to enjoy the food in a lovely hand made bowl is just icing on the cake! cute cute kiddies!

Linda Starr said...

Great your family is close enough to visit regularly. I find lots of less expensive items in the ethnic sections of lots of grocery stores, especially spices which can be costly.