Put this together yesterday. Paperwhites in the making. Used a bowl that had an S-crack in the bottom which is good for plants, letting some water seep through. Waiting for these to grow! Great way to use a 'second' bowl after all!
Pasta for dinner yesterday. Old bowl- somedays, I miss the shino glaze.
Lately, I've been fascinated by the birds lately. This picture doesn't do it all justice, but there are two morning doves on the ground. Right before this picture, a red cardinal flew away.
Tried to trim this bowl a little early, and it was well, one of those days today so I just decided to alter it a bit. Have already been thinking about putting a few bowls outside for decoration, so this will be one in time.
Here's a bowl made with 6 lbs. of clay- this one came together so easily yesterday. So pleased with how it turned out, all that in the midst of a challenging day. A GOOD sign of things to come.
It's been a long and exhausting day. One of those days where all I wanted was to make teabowls- yunomis which I consider to be one of my default forms in the pottery world. The teabowl on the left is an early favorite on mine, and I don't think I'll ever sell or give this one away. The one on the right is by Adrienne Dellinger. It's a simple, yet great form. Another favorite that I use everyday.
Here's hoping for a great day tomorrow- and many more of the same ahead!
3 comments:
The birds are busy here getting ready for making the spring babies. Your bowls are great.
Great idea on the bulb planter. It looks great. Maybe the altered bowl can be a bird bath.
thanks to you both! re: altered bowl- well, a good friend of mine puts her pottery outside in the ground as a decoration--- so I may do that. hmmm
Post a Comment