Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back--- And Missing Time in WA State


Here are a few pics from my vacation to the West Coast.  Went to the North Cascade Mountains.  Threw a dozen bowls in an afternoon and here they are trimmed and drying.  Will share more soon.  
Had dental surgery today so I don't feel 100%... how not fun that was!  
 Also made 12 mugs while there.  Haven't made many handles yet... need to practice that much more, but these are ok.

These are some of the gorgeous flowers at the Pike Place Market.  Of course, pictures don't do them justice.  Thanks too for even reading this blog amidst the long few weeks of no post!  I have pottery updates and insights I learned that I will share soon- just need to feel better and hopefully soon.  Ugh!  

7 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

I have so many great memories from Pike Place Market. I used to work for a company based in Seattle and went out every November for a meeting, loved it there!
I have so many BAD memories of dental work, I know what you are feeling, so sorry!!! Feel better soon! I found using ice packs on my cheeks helped with the swelling and pain when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I still remember sitting around holding those packs on my face. Oh, ick!!!!! thinking of you :)

Amy said...

thanks, Tracey. This made me smile. ice packs help for sure--- even with the pain.

Cat's Ceramics said...

Hope you feel better soon! x I have a awful fear of the dentist so you are very brave indeed to go and have work done in that horrible place ;) Loving the bowls and mugs x

smartcat said...

Sympathies for the dental surgery. It's good you had it done....bad things can happen with infected or impacted teeth. Tracey's right....ice helps!

Love all your photos. You have been getting around this year!

Linda Starr said...

dental pain is the worst, glad you had a great trip to Washington, it's beautiful there and not too humid which is nice.

Amy said...

thanks a bunch all-- interestingly, I had to get dental work done because of something congenital--- and I'm slowly recovering. what a journey... looking forward to returning to the studio soon!

Amy said...

Suzi- thanks for the post. Will add your name to my blog roll--- can't believe I haven't already!