Monday, April 9, 2012

Flowers Instead of Pottery for Now

While I wish I have pottery updates to share, that is not the case.  With it being Holy Week last week, I was very busy and now I'm out of town this week, so it was useless to throw a few pieces and wonder if they would dry in my absence.  So, I went to Lowe's and bought a flat of vincas (left) that were on clearance.  $4!  Bought a few trellises too and thought about planting the hyacinth bean plants on the right, but am waiting to see where there will be enough sun around my place.  So, I'll ponder that and decide when I return.
 Holy Week always wears me out.  Before I flew out of town, it was great to have some peaceful time at Duke Chapel on Easter Day after the services.  I was the only one inside at the time- and earlier there were hundreds.  What a day!
There are some days that I am more interested in getting a doctorate than others.  Today is one of them.  Not quite sure what I'd study though.  Working on a doctorate and making pottery sounds like a wonderful combination, yet both don't make money.  Such is life!  At least I'm less than 2 hours from Duke Chapel.  Love being in the university world.
 These few days while with family I do hope to have some time to read Mastering Cone 6 glazes.  It's been waiting for me quite patiently.
Found these pieces interesting.  Saw them in a store while I was in Costa Rica last month.  Evidently they're from Guaitil.  If I had more time, I'd have taken a closer look at the surface design.

I return at the end of the week and then officiate a wedding.  Somehow in-between all that, I hope to find time Happy Easter!  Blessed Passover!

1 comment:

Melissa Rohrer said...

Sounds like you need some time to recharge.
I finally broke down and bought the cone 6 glazes book too. Been reading it at lunch a little at a time. Very good info. Wish I'd bought it sooner.