Well, this was the first piece of pottery that I ever made- way back in high school. I remember the assignment to make something that has texture where you slip and score something onto a part of the vase, hence the triangles at the top. The bottom part is a stencil kind of texture on it. It's amazing that my parents have this; my mom actually likes it and says it's one of her favorites. While it's hardly one of mine, I do believe her. She uses it quite regularly as today it has tulips from their flowerbed in it. I do like the blue glaze but that's about it.
Can't even say that I enjoyed clay back in high school. Remember I didn't like this assignment as I just wanted to do my own thing instead and not be given parameters for what to make. So glad I gave pottery another try 6 years ago.
3 comments:
Well, I think it's just fine,a heck of a lot better than the first piece I made. I wish I could pry my first pieces away from my mom, I shudder every time I walk into her house and see that awful pottery I gave her!
Hey, I like the triangles, and great your mom still has this vase and uses it. I was the same way in class, I wanted to make what I wanted to make instead of the assignments. Ha.
Our families have many of those first pots- my brother use to offer them back for a big price! It really looks lovely full of flowers.
Post a Comment