Monday, January 30, 2012

One of my favorites

As I await the arrival of my kiln and wheel within the next week or so and contemplate what kind of clay to purchase and what glaze or glaze materials to buy, I am wanting to travel here.

Words cannot describe what it's like to snowshoe out in the snow in daylight or by candles at night... where it's inches and inches and inches of snow beneath the snowshoes. While labyrinths aren't my favorite, I love to stomp the new snow in them after a new snowfall. And cross country skiing is a must and a good workout!

This place is in the North Cascades. One I've written about before. Don't see how I can travel there this winter, but will definitely go there within the next 6 months. It always does my body, soul, and mind good to be there.
Here's the labyrinth at night with candles throughout. When work gets too busy and thoughts of dreams and hopes not yet realized still linger, an dwell when I am reminded of the challenges of life, I like to imagine going here, in the middle of nowhere.
Watching the tape of the Lady Vols basketball team playing and seeing how Pat Summitt (Head Coach) has changed doesn't help. How I hope and pray she overcomes Alzheimer's. If anyone can, she will.
Even so, I am thankful. Thankful for the gift of life and that I've visited this place, one of my favorites! And there's always tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melissa Rohrer said...

Lambyrinth? That's pretty crazy looking. Are those shrubs covered with snow or is it all snow?

Peter said...

Such a beautiful photo with the night sky full of stars and the trees and snow! It certainly looks a lovely place to visit in winter. I'm guessing that the labyrinth is made from snow and lit with candles, it looks great. It is so good to feel the cold air on the face, and the crunch of snow underfoot, it makes you realize that you're alive and that life is precious!

Linda Starr said...

Mesmerizing, makes me miss cascades and the sierras.