Thursday, April 21, 2011

Is It Too Late?

This post is for you, Mom.
Was at the dollar store today, because I'm convinced that is the best place to find tissue paper and gift bags. Saw seeds- each pack was 25 cents. Bought four.
According to their packages, it's late to plant them--- sow them, is that what it's called? Yet I thought- why not give them a try. So I got a pack of Morning Glory and here, Cosmos and

Marigold and Aster.

Here are the marigolds spread out a bit. I don't expect all of them to make it.

Yet I'm an eternal optimist. So, they're in these four flower pots just under the surface. Took this pic to remember which kind is where.

L-R: morning glory, aster, cosmos, and marigold

My mom has a green thumb. My dad too for that matter. Maybe that will rub off on me as these are the first flowers I'm trying to grow from seed.

God and time will tell. Well, and maybe the birds and squirrels too. Hope they let them be.

Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Cosmos likes it hot, not too late at all, morning glory can be aggressive, careful of those. Happy Easter