Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday

Spent a couple hours in the studio today. Trimmed bowls... Trimmed this plate, meaning I made the ring on the bottom of it, trimming the clay away from the plate when it was leather hard. Then, I let it dry some more and wrote some words with that tool in the pic- sgraffito tool--onto the outside of the plate. SO good to spend time in the studio.
Made several yunomi teabowls--- my default and favorite and easiest form. All have that indentation, like the teabowl on the right in this pic has. Each here was made with one pound of clay.
Second pitcher ever--- I spent a bunch of time on this... and while it needs some work and a handle of course, it is a good start. Will finish it tomorrow and work on the spout a bit. More practice needed. Free Starbucks coffee in the background... ahhh this was just a peaceful day.
It's just simply wonderful to be in the studio these days. Gotta think of some more quotes and words to put on the outside of bowls that I'm making. What fun this is!
Oh, and the kiln will be loaded on Wednesday evening. Wish tomorrow was Wednesday.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

I like the dent in the small pot.