Monday, June 21, 2010

Wishing

Part of this day I've spent wishing about several things.

And for now, one of my latest and recurring wishes is that I had a studio in my home. Hopefully someday. It's been a goal for awhile now. Somedays it seems like a dream, yet this dream is alive! For now, Clayworks is closed until next week which is not fun at all.

Somehow I'll pass the time between now and then. This reminds me of how much I love to play with clay and the gift it is to me. The countdown till when the studio reopens continues!

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Hi Amy, I'm wishing you had a home studio too. How about setting up a little table and doing some hand built pieces? That's what I did in my RV and at my last place, even a card table. It's really amazing what you can make from a small slab of clay or what you can pinch even sitting in a chair or at a kitchen table. Even pendants or little test tiles cut with cookie cutters are great kiln fillers. And amazingly packing the greenware in a box with bubble wrap to move them worked out quite well to bring them to a kiln to fire.

Tracey Broome said...

I agree with Linda. I started out doing little hand building projects at home and hauling them back and forth to the studio in Durham for firing. Then I had to have a wheel because Claymakers was without heat for a while and it was too cold to throw there. I ordered one, having no idea where it was going to go. It stayed on the back porch for a while.I have taken an upstairs bedroom and have my wheel in there which sucks, then I have my hand building on the back deck, it's hot and I have to clean up nature all the time, that sucks too, but it just shows the lengths you can go to when you are passionate about something. I would love a separate building from my house or even a garage, but I'm making do with what I got, not the best situation, but I'm still producing work. I just keep thinking of some day...... it will happen if you want it bad enough!

Jen Mecca said...

Having a studio at home is a wonderful thing and believe me, you can just about set-up anywhere, I have if you ever want to pick my brain! Good luck!