Thursday, January 14, 2010

Potpourri of Pics

Some pics from the last month. My latest class is led by Adrienne, Executive Director at Clayworks. She's an amazing potter and also was a production potter years ago. With that being said, one needs to watch her demos closely, or something will be missed! Above, a jar.
Another demo of hers. A casserole... I'm gonna make one of these soon.
Bowls... she made these bowls one week and trimmed them the next-- here stacked waiting for the bisque kiln. Interesting how the feet on these are almost exactly the same size.
Part of a teapot.
Now, my work. I started off the new year making yunomis. Phoenix clay. Are you surprised?
My favorite form these days... Still these are a bit different from the ones in 2009.
Back to Adrienne's demos. A bowl... the same one is also three pics back, third bowl down on the left stack.
Back to before Christmas. John is eating a piece of incredible pie.... chocolate bourbon pecan pie. A gift from a colleague and I brought it in for friends to eat....
This is it before.... and well, we ate just a quarter of it and then I took the rest to PA for my family to enjoy. It was hard to stop though and eat just a quarter of it while here.
That same night we ate a bunch of Christmas cookies and of course, shared some wine. Many goodies to share.
Back to Adrienne's demos. I took these pics because I like the simplicity of the forms. Here's a cup-- that will be a mug.
Good news- I'll be in the studio a bunch this weekend. Will post pics. I'll be making more bowls in 2010 and will definitely try some new forms. Can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Oh Amy, I love reading your posts I can just hear how happy you sound, great demo photos, lovel your new yunomi shapes. Man I wish I had a piece of that pie it looks so good. We're leaving next week if we don't get rained out, I just posted about it, see you soon.