It's been awhile since I've posted. I visited my parents and siblings during Christmas and so was far away from a wheel for awhile. I really missed it, to put it mildly. I returned back home with a cold--- it's just quite easy to get one in all the travel- airports, airplanes, etc.It's good to be back home. I will be in the studio some this upcoming weekend. Here are some pictures from pieces that came out of the kiln just before Christmas.
Before Christmas, I also etched some bowls a bit with the same design that I had used in the glazes. This glaze and etching design combo is a keeper for now.
This jar also came out of the gas kiln. Craggy crunch clay and tom's clear with catherine's oribe on the top half. It's just different. Put a few pieces of glass on the lid in the center at the knob. The crescent shape on the bottom of it in this pic is a finger mark. I like that.It's not my favorite; my friends seem to like it better than I.
Some more pics of yunomis from the latest firing. That one yunomi that has the white on it... well, it just didn't get reduction all over it. I took it home and gave it to my parents; half is brown and colorful and the other half is just white. It's kinda funny!
A closer look. Glazes are spoted shino for the base (thin coat). Catherine's oribe for an accent, plus sprinkles of soda ash.
I can't remember what Becky was telling us, but of course it was important! Check out the dog sculpture she made though-- and fired in a raku kiln. It's gorgeous! I hope to post more close up pictures of more yunomi cups soon. Christmas was so busy; it wore me out. Lots to do...
Happy New Year! Here's to a year full of much time playing with clay AND lots of surprises!
1 comment:
wow, your yunomi and your glazing is spectacular, I just love the color and the etching and the oribe you add.
Post a Comment