
Once again another firing. Above are some pots (none are mine) from a recent firing at Clayworks. But for this one, I glazed a bunch more teacups.

This time I decided to put on spotted shino for a base and a bit of catherine's oribe glaze and some soda ash for accent.

This continues to be my favorite form. With a gallery show coming up, I also have been making some more teacups.

Here are some of Greg's pieces for a commisson. They're gifts--- what amazing variation in glaze!

And the kiln loading began. Last firing the two back stacks were identical in height so this was tried again.

The building continued. Several were around for the community firing loading of the kiln.

On the second shelf is one of my bowls.

That cup on the bottom right shelf is mine.

Meanwhile, Susan was putting elephant feet on a bowl.

Back to the kiln area; a closer look at Greg's pieces.

There were a bunch of clayworks folks around for the kiln loading. (L-R) Greg, Becky, and John.

A closer look at the yunomi.

The front stack in the kiln before the door was shut. A full kiln!

The front stack with cone packs (at the bottom ridge of the kiln. :) I'll show the results in my next post. The firing started Wednesday evening and the pots were cool by Saturday evening. I was quite pleased!
1 comment:
Oh you have me missing a group firing; it all looks so fun and so nice to share your pottery results with everyone.
Post a Comment