
I love the peace that time in the pottery world can help bring. Today, the kiln was unloaded. Got to the studio after the door had been opened, so I missed hearing some of the 'ping' 'ping' of the pots cooling down. Still, my favorite part of this unloading process is taking the pictures before anything has been touched. There's something about seeing the pots at this point, and remembering how they got to this point. So, here goes...

In the back of this picture there are two of mine. This is a community kiln, so I have just a few pieces in this. The one with the blue rim and the one to the right of it are my yunomis.

Here's another yunomi. GREAT reduction. Amazing color. This may remain with me. I love the variation in color on it.

This juar turned out really well too. Good colors and the white is from putting Rick's shino on top of Spotted Shino. I'm so pleased!

I just liked this pic... of the cone stacks- or whatever they're called.

These are two of my favorites... on on the one in the front, you can see the wax resist and the silver is from the crystals from the soda ash.

This gives a better picture of Becky's bird, which was a great neighbor to my jar. :)

The back stack of the kiln. Check out the bottom shelf on the right...

For it contained my first communion set... this chalice is beautiful!

Julie has this art of being able to get into the kiln easily-- and make sure the unloading of the kiln happens smoothly. Check out Elaine's big pot in the bottom left of the stack.

Here's another look at some of the other students' work. Such variety in color, form, and texture.

And some more... All in all, an amazing firing for me! I'll post some closeup pics of my newest pots soon- hopefully tomorrow!
1 comment:
Congrats on some wonderful pieces, Amy! Your work just keeps getting better and better. Also, I think Herr Goose got his glow from YOUR jar. Lovely piece!
Post a Comment