Here are some of my favorite pots. I made the one on the top left. The one of the right is from Tiwanaku, just outside La Paz, Bolivia. It has symbols etched onto it. One of those Incan symbols I used in some of the pots that came out of the gas kiln recently. The one on the bottom has been painted on... This post shows some of the pots from the last kiln load. I focused more on surface design. I've been so busy recently, adjusting to new work as a priest here in Charlotte, so that means less time.... :( . I am excited that I will get some time in the studio this weekend. :)
All these are phoenix clay with spotted shino glaze and also with some alfred's blue glaze. Some have spotted shino on them, such as this tumbler on the right.
The one on the left is handbuilt and half of it was dipped in Rick's Shino. The spiral was made with rick's shino and then sprinkled with granulated rutile.
On the one on the right, I used some wax resist. Also sprinkled some granulated rutile, soda ash, and also a few spots of alfred's blue on the spiral on the left which is the other side of the handbuilt cup.Random thought: In the next post, I'll show a few pictures of family from my trip to Bolivia. :) 

Only one yunomi in the last firing. I think that yunomis are still my favorite form to make. This one didn't have as much shino reduction color as I like... oh well! Still beautiful. Onto trip pictures....

1 comment:
Amy, those are all so beautiful, you really are great at your glazing techniques.
Post a Comment