These days, I see my pottery-making changing and evolving. I really like that; there's always something new to try in the pottery world. I already am thinking of ways to change the surface design of my yunomi cups for the next firing. Talking with Greg Scott, a potter and instructor at Clayworks helps, of course. Did that today, and have some new ideas! His surface work is unlike any other I've seen.I'll say more about surface design later, but for now I just had to be at the wheel this afternoon for a bit. I'm getting quicker at this. Made all of these yunomis above in less time than ever. New, soft clay, really helps. Can't see all of the forms here; most are really different from the others.
I'm traveling to PA to see my parents and two of my siblings-- family time for Mother's Day weekend. I'll miss time at the wheel and in the studio. Will miss going to the Barn Sale tomorrow and the Rosedale event. Even so, I did bring a little clay with me.The good thing, though is that I'm taking my new yunomis with me. :)
And, my shelf is slowly getting full again. :)
2 comments:
I am really enjoying your blog. You are obviously in the throes of a love affair with clay. I remember the first time I sat at the wheel and just *knew* this was where I was supposed to be. Keep embracing that sponge that you are at this moment and absorb all the experience that presents itself to you. It will shape you in ways you can't imagine now.
i have a leaning toward the softer clay too
Post a Comment