Sometimes days are long. Today was one of those days. Still, at the end of the day, the last form I made at the wheel was this. It was my favorite form out of all the yunomis I created late in the day.

I was quite pleased. I'm beginning to like more and more the gentle lines and curves of certain yunomi designs. Sometimes the world is not gentle, so I love it when the clay is. Tonight, this phoenix clay was.
Made eight yunomis. Will trim them and make some bottle forms tomorrow. I'll be out of town next week, so I'm putting extra time in at the studio, which of course, I love. I'm getting faster at making the cups and as time goes on even when I'm not trying to be quicker. It's coming more naturally. That's encouraging.

Earlier in the day at around noon I walked a few blocks from the studio to go and see a demo by Julie, the resident studio manager outside the Mint Museum. All of her work is with porcelain clay and the look is so distinctive and gorgeous. It was a bit cold with the spring breeze and being in the shade, but I sat and listened and watched Julie. She's an excellent teacher, making sure to explain little details clearly and like some other artists, she makes it all look so easy.

Those are some of her pots in the foreground of this pic. Someday I hope to buy a piece-- one piece from each artist. I definitely want one of Julie's teacups.

My yunomis. Trimming is tomorrow...

The last two I made. Glad it's Saturday tomorrow. I'm exhausted, but I must admit that it has been wonderful these past few weeks to eat all of my food out of MY pottery. :)
1 comment:
Hi Amy, I like the top one too and the bottom one on the right. Have a great week.
Post a Comment