Brand new, just out of the kiln. 9 Easter cups! This was my best firing so far.
Five... And a few more below... sorry the lighting in the pic is not the best. I need a new camera. Might start a 'camera fund.' :)
Hope to sell all of these. Had to get outside and take some spring pics. These make great gifts for self, loved ones, or Mom for Mother's Day! These will soon be available on Etsy, or if you want one, you can also comment on this post.Will definitely make more like this. How fun, fun this is!
Some of the student and resident artist pieces.
Becky's birds.
Elaine's pieces.All in all, it was a wonderful firing. I'm told that the humidity in the air helped, plus a little rain earlier in the week.
Finally, one more kiln pic. This yunomi was on the top shelf of the kiln on the right side. Got good reduction; I think that one of Becky's birds nearby helped cheer it on to get some good colors.p.s. all the cups are made with phoenix clay and then glazed with spotted shino: accents in alfred's blue; some have soda ash sprinkled on the outside (all cone 10).
2 comments:
Amy, GREAT post! I love seeing your work in a natural setting! You had some amazing results in this firing! Looks like we all did! I want to see the one you didn't like that I loved, now that it's been fired. Can you bring it to the studio?
Oh my, Amy what a great firing, your work is so beautiful, and it takes courage and artistry to show your wonderful yuonomi in such a naturalistic setting. Elaine's work looks beautiful too.
Post a Comment