Moving is way overrated. The good news is that I've moved. The more I do it, the less things i move as I keep throwing things out and donating things. The bad news is that I'm exhausted beyond words.
At least tomorrow, a very good thing will happen. Seven of my pots will come out of the gas kiln. Can hardly wait to see them.
Thanks to all who supported me in the move.
3 comments:
Hi Amy, I know all too well it isn't easy moving, away from friends, comforts and routine. I've found after I've recovered from my moves, the stuff I disposed of or donated allowed my mind to make room for new creative avenues. Gary and I have been married for 23 years and have moved 5 times. My dad was in the Navy and we moved every 2 years on average. Hang in there, good things are just around the corner.
tis a useful spring cleaning that comes with a move, but you said it, exhausting!
Hi Amy, I followed your comment on Clay Club to your profile to your blog. A year ago I moved from Union County NC to the mountains of Yancey County NC. I belonged to Carolina Claymatters at some point several years ago. Although our move was lengthy---it took 10 months to sell the house, the hub was already working in Asheville, me at home with the kids and the studio packed up and nothing to do but constantly clean the house, I'm so glad we moved. Penland is a goal for me too. It's about 10 minutes down the road. Look into John Britt's workshops too. Good luck getting settled in. I'm off to read a bit more of your blog.
Post a Comment