Well, it's kinda the off-season at Clayworks. All at the studio are preparing for the upcoming Spring Sale this weekend. There's about two weeks of no classes, which is quite interesting for some of us students, who consider being at the wheel being like breathing.I moved this past weekend, so that has helped fill the extra time. The gas kiln was loaded on Sunday evening though in anticipation of the weekend sale. I glazed 10 pots then too. 7 made the cut and got in. The others are teaching me more about patience. :)
Above are the 10. Most have spotted shino glaze as a base glaze and some have alfred's blue and red iron oxide wash. I used the spiral design on several of these and some have only glaze on the inside and just partially on the outside. Depending on how the 7 turn out, I may change the glaze of the remaining 3. Put some of the glaze on with a bulb while I turned the pot in a spiral motion. Also just updated my profile. I've decided that my new clay goals are:
+ help in the building of a kiln.
+ make pieces and woodfire them.
+ take a class at Penland.
These are all achievable. I'm hopeful!

These are all achievable. I'm hopeful!

2 comments:
Hi Amy, can't wait to see your pots out of the firing, so glad you got moved. Some great goals there.
Wednesday=Christmas morning!
hey, how's the move going, OK?
Post a Comment