Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wintry Wednesday

Cold. It was definitely wintry outside, except no additional snow today! I think that when it's this cold, snow is a must. But that would mean I couldn't make it to the studio. :(
A bunch of us where there tonight. John and Joe were at it again, making big pieces. Here's John.... where's Joe?
It was pretty amazing to watch. John's music was there, too (see left of pic on the table, inside the box).
I've also decided to start wearing an old cheap version of crocs to the studio that I have.... things get clay all over them there! This is my random thought for the day. :)
John also showed us his handmade orange scarf, given to him by his daughter Stephanie for Christmas. I hope this makes a full post on his blog.... Please note: it is Clemson orange, not Tennessee orange.
I trimmed these four bowls as well as a plate and tomorrow will add slip to them. My first set! Gotta figure out what slip design to put on them.
Elaine also gave me some tips about sgraffitto and decorating pots. She really knows alot about different ways to decorate the surface of pots... Here she's writing something on a surface with crocus martis (sp?) brushed on it... something on the outside of a pot. We'll never know... She recommends writing three pages every day without stopping....not pausing to think about what to write about, just writing until three pages are filled.
Saturday pm will be raku time! I have one bowl to add; I'm really looking forward to it...

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Barrel firings and now raku, you luck ducks. That is a beautiful color orange. I'm trying some slip today too, I could use Elaine's help. Nice bowls too.

Becky said...

John's scarf is actually B Max orange. :) But you'd have to be a "Raggs" nut like I am to know what I'm talking about. ;) Nice bowls. And those crocs rock!

See ya at the raku do!