Friday, February 27, 2009

They're Out

Latest round of pottery came out of the electric kiln today. All are earthen red clay, fired at cone 6. Most are glazed with just Ron's creme glaze. Some have a bit of Ron's green on them. I hope to take some closer pics tomorrow. All in all, I'm pleased. I'm learning so much in all this. I really like how the chalices turned out.
Here are four of the yunomi teacups still in the kiln waiting to be unloaded. I really like the simplicity of these forms. Follows my desire to live simply. I'm encouraged by this in the midst of so much uncertainty. Am hopeful that I can find work in the next couple of months. Can't imagine life with out pottery these days. Have some slipwork to do on more plates this weekend.
On another note, thanks for the comments and keeping in touch with this blog. This whole blog thing is such a surprise for me. I really like it and have learned MUCH from reading everyone's blogs posted on the right. This 'blogworld' is a wonderful community.
More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Those look great, so neat to see them before and after so soon together. Love the contrast between the dark and light glazes/slip. I wish I had quicker turn around on my stuff.