Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday

There's just always something going on at Clayworks. Had great conversations there tonight. It just so fun to be a part of the community there. Put slip and etched some sgrafitto onto these two teacups and two plates for an order. More slipwork and throwing at the wheel to do tomorrow! I really enjoy etching words onto pieces. I hope to continue making teacups, bowls, and plates with that personalized touch. Will post a pic of these when they're done, to give an idea of the finished product, with the realization that no two are alike.
Greg was also teaching tonight and he brought in some of his bowls to show his class. These bowls are glazed in creme with the rims barely touched in Tahitian blue? (I think) glaze. I like that effect and I think I'll try it on some of mine own too.
Greg also is selling some of artist Tomoo Kitamura's handmade pottery tools that are pictured here. These are great ribs and wire cutters and tools. If I needed one of these, I'd surely get one.

Also glazed this teacup for my friend, Ashley. It has writing on the outside and the spiral design that I really like on the inside. It's glazed with Ron's creme on the outside and Ron's green on the inside, all on earthen red clay. I'm eager to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Wow your swirly slipped bowls and the words on the plates are so wonderful; can't wait to how they all turn out.

doug Fitch said...

Nice slipware Amy, I look forward to seeing it come through the kiln