Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back

I'm back home and it was good to be at the studio yesterday. It was one of those days where I thought I didn't get much done, but looking back, I really did.
Made my first big plate. :) Next, I'll make a set of these.... This earthen red clay seems to make everything easier. Then, made a second mug, almost identical to the first. It looks bigger; it really isn't so much.Meanwhile, Julie and Ro loaded the kiln. Here's the back part with some of their work, along with Becky's birds.
Becky and Elaine put a new kind of wax on barrel fired birds.

How beautiful!

Meanwhile, the kiln was still being loaded. Some of those cups (without handles) on the top shelf are mine! :) All in all, over 15 of my pieces made it in.
One piece didn't and will have to be patient till the next go-round.
Finally, it was full. Here it is!

Tuesday evening the firing will be finished and I'll take a shot when the door is opened to show the colors. I hope to sell some of the cups like the ones on the second and third shelf on the top left. All in all, a good day.
Off to run and then head into the studio!

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

What a great kiln load. Wax is one thing I don't have yet for my barrell firing, please let me know how this new wax works. Your earthenware pieces look so wonderful.