Just talked with my parents. I must say that I miss my family in Bolivia lots, especially when I hear stories from my parents about my abuelos (grandparents). Thankfully, God is with them when I am not.
My grandfather here in PA is not doing well too. I'm amazed that while in my 30's, all of my grandparents are still living. That is a gift and too, that I've gotten to know all of them, with two being on another continent. So, because of my grandfather's health, I'll travel to PA (life is short) within the next month. It will be good to hear stories from him; as he has had a rich and full life.
Back in Charlotte on Sunday, it was so fun to be at the studio the night before I left for DC. First, great news... Becky won an Emmy.... see her post for more info. So, of course at Clayworks, we find any reason to celebrate and this is a BIG one!
Thanks, Elaine for the red wine. :) Julie took the pic and Susan, Angela, Elaine and I are giving a celebratory toast to Becky (second from the right). And I know Becky! I'm so happy for her.I managed to get some clay stuff done too. I put slip (a clay and water mixture) on several pieces and put them on the bisque shelf while there too. Finished adding slip on my first set of cereal bowls.
Meanwhile, Susan was adding clay feet to her bowl. Literally, in a sense. In clay terms, the foot is the part of the piece at the bottom.. Susan took that literally- I can't wait to see how this turns out! She's so creative. We're all intrigued... as you can see.
So, I also decided on Sunday that for now, this spiral design is my most favorite (is that a correct way to say it?) slip design. I put slip on four bowls and a larger, salad-size bowl. Can't wait to use these too.
The second pic is a side view of the same bowls. Not much slip on the side; it is harder to put slip on the sides because of the angle too. On the one with the stripes, I poured the slip on it to make that design.Gosh, how I love this clay thing. This is just so fun! Miracles happen; just a few weeks ago, I was saying how hard it was to make bowls.
1 comment:
Love the foot bowl and I am admiring your slip decorations. Spend as much time with your grandparents as you can, I found that they have such great stories and family oral histories to tell.
Post a Comment