And well, I moved this futon into this new place in my small house, and a friend gave me the bird feeder that you can see near the window, (and it really is squirrel proof) so I've been reading lots and watching the birds and just relaxing. Discovered that juncos are the latest new kind that have visited the bird feeder. The nuthatches are among my favorite too. That means 15 types of birds in all, including some regulars to my suet feeders. This is my new favorite thing- to have a gentle quiet morning waking up by spending hours here.
I have managed in the past few months to make almost one kiln load of pottery. Need to glaze a few more pieces my nieces and nephews made today and I'll glaze fire this one on Monday. Am also wanting to try new things, but what? Haven't settled on the 'what' yet. I need to practice making mugs and find a form I like in that. Yet handles? So hard to make and I don't like the mess of them.
I must say too that I haven't really missed being at the wheel too much, but I know when I return (hopefully later today) I will probably think to myself….. where have I been?
These two small tumblers are test ones. Base glaze in a greenish celadon and then wax resist with the simple words and then a bluish celadon sprayed on top. Each have a word written on them in two places. Time and the kiln will tell!
It still hasn't hit me either that Christmas will soon be here. Of course, I'm not ready but what will be will be. I must say I too get tired of all the $ spent. It has been a tough year with the passing of my grandmother and the transition in jobs.
And not much exciting has happened lately, except for last Monday. I decided at 6 pm that I would go to the Tennessee Lady Vols vs. North Carolina game in Chapel Hill. Didn't have a ticket; didn't know where the arena was. Just got in my car after running and a quick shower and left wearing orange.
This game was incredible. Tennessee won! I've so needed good luck and I hope it continues.
I wasn't dressed like this guy at all- UNC stuff from head to toe. This pic shows how close I was to the floor though! Interestingly, the arena wasn't near full…
Thanks for reading. Hope I don't stay away long this next time…
6 comments:
What!? You were five minutes from my house! And my husband was there shooting the game, did you see a really hot photographer on the floor, haha?
This time of year we eat breathe sleep basketball in this town. Looking forward to march madness and the end of nights alone!
Oh wow, Tracey. Didn't even think to look for Gerry. It's always great to be in Chapel Hill. Take care!
You certainly have had a very difficult year, and I can quite understand (from my own difficult year) how easy it is to withdraw from some things, even things that you love like pottery. That little bright spark inside that makes you want to be creative, can get dim. It is good that you are managing to run, I'm almost envious... it is many years since I have gone faster than a fast walk (which I enjoy) ..., but I do occasionally dream of running! There is something about walking (or running I suspect) that strips away all the hassles of life and just allows you to focus on the rhythm of feet on footpath, breathing, feeling the wind on your face, and watching the country swing past. It is very good.
Birds are fun to watch and listen to. Spring is here, so we waken to birdsong, and our feathered friends are all so busy feeding their young ones and looking after nests. We have bell birds here which really do sound a bit like bells ringing, but are sweeter. At the lagoon near us, ducks, geese and swans are followed around by little flotillas of their young.
I am returning to potting with real joy after my time away from it. My back is much better now, and I am making lots of mugs... complete with handles!! (the mugs were aweful at first, but are improving a lot with practice!!).
Really kind thoughts, and hope that you are feeling much better and happier soon.
hugs, P
I'm impresses with your running schedule. I'm stuck with walking- a couple of body parts don't cooperate for running. That's O.K., but I am a bit envious of the runners.
Sometimes you have to take a break from things. Hope you're feeling back on track soon.
You need to take care of you, then everything else will follow.
Breathe, everyday I try to just breathe.
Thanks everyone for the kindness! Tracey, one of these days, I hope to meet you! Kiln is firing now; a sign, I think of goodness to come. :)
Post a Comment