Came back and my plants are happy- due to the rain around lately. Cuts down on the water bill too, which is a very good thing.
On my way driving back from PA I stopped in DC which was wonderful, yet a bit overwhelming and HOT! I have blisters on my feet to prove. It was a gorgeous hot day and I thought to myself of how much I would love to live near DC. So many sights to see; I hardly saw much in the 4 hours I was there. The 90 degree heat slowed me down a bit... Next post will be about what I did see.
The Washington Monument. Heard it was damaged in the earthquake. Didn't know that- scaffolding all around...
Spent lots of time in PA with these two. Precious Lily and Garrett- almost 5 and almost 3. Life is too short to not be with family. Even though I'm 8 hours away, I see family every other month or at least once every three months. It's so worth the extra money. It was simply wonderful having two little helpers or sidekicks around much of the time. They are so well behaved which makes a huge difference. They even helped me load the packing peanuts into my rental car. Of course, they thought they were real peanuts when I said that word. :) Most importantly, they are full of tons of love and joy which made our time together unforgettable. They grow so fast; they are so precious.
Here's a snapshot of my next post. Went to a museum on the Mall that had a Ceramics Exhibit! Lucky me. Of course, I spent most of my time at the mall right there. More soon...
Any ideas about where to get recycled bubble wrap?
Oh, and found this frog outside my garage door. It has been so wet-- that the green frogs are so happy! Initially, he was in an old pottery bowl of mine playing in the rainwater collected in it. Then I scared him, unknowingly.... Thanks for reading!
4 comments:
Ugh, DC in July! It's a beautiful place, but there is soooo much walking! At least the museums are nice and cool, so much to see, definitely can't do it in a day...
Those are some real cuties you're hanging out with. I, too, am a packaging hoarder. It would be nice to know if there were certain stores that unpack shipments wrapped in bubble wrap that they would be glad to get rid of.
Tracey- ugh is right! Couldn't believe so many little ones were there. I realized too I needed many more DAYS! So missed seeing the new MLKing Jr. Memorial. Next time...
Melissa- those two are the best! Seems too that I need to explore and look into that. You got me thinking- thanks!
never seen any recycled bubble wrap, but I do recycle mine over and over again which has been used for my pottery for shows. I don't like the peanuts because they seem to cling to everything and fly around of their own volition.
Looks like a great trip.
Post a Comment