Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Animals I Don't Want, etc.....

 Before the animal talk, any tomato recipes (simple) to share?  This big one was a gift I received today and as you can see, is ready to be eaten!   BLT, maybe?
 And, it is too warm to be in my studio- my garage studio most of the time.  Here's the temp at 10 pm tonight.  Was gone most of the day and watered flowers late tonight.  Am so ready for 80 degree weather!  Can you tell I'm from the north?  Don't have the $ for a window air conditioner.... if I was a full-time potter, I'd have to take out a loan and get one.
 Ready to plant these- but will wait until it's a bit cooler.
 Okay.  Onto animals.  What kind of insect is this?  It is huge!  Found it in my studio yesterday and tonight saw two more near my garage.   Oh, and I'll spare you the picture but I found a dead--- yes dead frog near my tennis shoes and door inside my garage.  It was turned over and completely dry and it so scared me.  Usually am not scared but I could've stepped on it!  :(  Took a broom and swept it away- far away!
 Meanwhile, the flowers are okay as I water them most nights.  I am praying for rain.  The ceramic pot with a z crack in it doesn't seem to mind the heat, of course.
 Zinnias from seed!
The butterflies seem happy too.   Stay cool- unless you're in New Zealand-- then stay warm!

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

There are so many things that crawl, fly and "bug" you here in the south. I hate running across dead things... but I hate things that crawl at me too!
tomatoes......I think bread, homemade and dukes mayonnaise is all you need.