Here's a hodge-podge collection of pics. Lately I've been reading more blogs rather than creating posts. Ugh! Not good. Anyway, I made these simple vases recently. Trying to decide on a form or two that I really like.
This is one of my favorites. Simple is good. It says "Hold fast to dream for life without dreams is like a bird with a broken wing that cannot fly. Langston Hughes" Photo is me and my sister- about ages 5 and 4. There's those same peonies that I talked about in the previous post. They were simply gorgeous and the smell was incredible. They actually lasted for days. :)
Here's my in Seattle--- actually on a ferry approaching Seattle. Went to visit one of the islands on a day trip and it was all, just wonderful. An incredible city and people which is why I travel there ever year. And, I just discovered I can listen to NPR in Seattle on my iphone. Wish Seattle was closer!
One of my recent bowls-- my new favorite form. It just evolved as well, most of the forms do.
The zinnias are blooming and the wildflowers too. More tomorrow, I promise! Thanks for reading and for your comments.
5 comments:
Pretty vases. Love those peonies!
Happy Summer Solstice
I went to your favorite restaurant in Asheville today and loved it; thanks for the recommendation. You look so happy in the photo, we need to meet up again soon. Enjoy it all Amy.
Linda- Great! the papadan and the daal are my favorite there. downtown asheville can hardly be beat- it's just amazing and full of character. The banned books in the Malaprops Bookstore usually make me laugh and I love walking around the galleries too- especially Blue Spiral and Nw Morning. Leave your checkbook in the car though! I love to go in there and dream. Yes, would be fun to see you and Gary. How long will you be in NC? wonderful travels!
thanks smart cat! happy summer solstice to you.
wish Seattle was closer too :) keep up the good work indeed!
Post a Comment