Monday, February 11, 2013

Lark & Key Gallery!

 Went to Lark & Key this past weekend while I was in Charlotte.  Incredible gallery- check it out here!  I must admit that I always am a bit hesitant though, to take pictures of such gorgeous pottery.  So, I took few pictures...  Here are the mugs and from this one--- one caught my eye so I bought it.  This particular mug just came in along with a few others and was created by an artist- and I haven't seen any mugs made by her until this one!  It's almost in the center...  Will show a pic of it at the end of this post.
 Meanwhile, here is the pottery at the front window of the gallery.  Jim Connell piece in the middle.  See that house by Tracey Broome at the top center?  Gay Smith Pottery at the top left.  Mark Knott on the middle right.  Amy Sanders on the bottom left.  Mark Knott on the bottom center and Amy Sanders on the bottom right.  Paul Smith's piece is on the top right.  I love it that I'm learning who the artists are in this part of the world.  Didn't have time to get pics of all of them either...
 Shelled a few fava beans that I bought at a hispanic grocery store in Charlotte.  Love the taste of them; they look like lima beans, but taste a bit different.  Easy to find in Bolivia.  These were grown in Mexico.  Put them in a soup.
And here's the mug on the left that is already used each morning.  Thanks Suze Lindsey!  The Michael Mahan mug on the right will have a long break after being used daily.
This was all inspiring--- to encourage me to make mugs and vases--- and well, different forms than bowls.  :)  Now, just to get out into the studio to do just that!
So, I recommend gallery visits at least one per month for inspiration and ideas.  Nothing like picking up a piece of pottery!

5 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

We rode by Lark and Key on Saturday when we went to see Gerry's show, love their window display :) too bad we didn't have time to stop in ,thanks for the photos, it is one very nice gallery!

smartcat said...

Thanks for the photos. Isn't it great to drink from a cup/mug made by a potter whose work you know and appreciate?

Melissa Rohrer said...

I love the way that mug display looks with a cubby for each one.

Amy said...

Tracey- your houses are beautiful there. hope they ALL find new homes!

smartcat- yes, I only drink out of pottery these days-- even took one to work and someone commented on it--- can't imagine otherwise!

Amy said...

oh, and Melissa- yes, I want to buy or make one of those mug/yunomi/tumbler displays someday...