Gosh, I've done it again. I've spent a bunch of time away from creating a blog post. Ugh!
My poor excuse has been that I've been making these--- the bowls above. I'm just amazed that people love them. I do this because I love it and well, it's just amazing that others think similarily. They take FOREVER to make (I'm not complaining!) and there have been Christmas orders, so well, I have little free time.
Next year I will begin to stock up on Christmas inventory in July! A good friend gave me that wisdom.
So, my days have been so busy, but thankfully the Christmas orders are out and I'm working ahead on making more pottery for a sale I'm doing at the end of January at a convention for Episcopalians. My goal is to have 100 pots; that may take a miracle, but I'll try!
Thanks to my family for collecting bubble wrap and peanuts over the past year plus. It has been a huge help as it takes a bunch of that stuff to pack a bowl or two well! I've found I really like the packing part; my least favorite step of the pottery making process on some days is trimming and on other days it's putting the wax resist on the bottom of the pots. It's certainly not the packing, though!
Just returned from time in Charlotte. Had a great visit seeing wonderful friends, yet I came back a bit early because I need to spend time in the studio making pottery! So, tomorrow is a pottery day of sorts. :)
Ended my time in Charlotte by running at night in one of my favorite neighborhoods that has lots of Christmas lights. It's interesting- I used to do this all the time when I lived there and well, when I left town, I missed the ordinariness of this ALOT. Never saw a house with this much light, but there was usually enough to light the sidewalk--- I usually only lose my footing once or twice. It was simply beautiful! Inspiring. Oh well, I miss Charlotte...
Merry Christmas all! will try and remmeber to blog in the next few days, but just in case not....
Thanks for teaching me so much through the blog world. I love the pottery world! Thankful.

3 comments:
Happy Christmas and New Year Amy. You have certainly been busy, and it is nice that your work will be in homes far and wide. Love the photo of the house all decorated with Christmas lights!
Merry Christmas, you never know miracles do happen.
Merry Christmas Amy and a very Happy New Year.
Post a Comment